Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Marcus Gran Reserva malbec 2006, Clos de los Siete, malbec 2007, Two geographically distant malbecs




Marcus Gran Reserva ,Patagonia Malbec 2006, USD 25
Malbec from north patagonia (Rio Negro,were I live in) showing good typicity for both variety and terroir at a very good value. Fruit and balance but a little oaky for me. I get cherries and raspberries plum jam with violet flower and quice jam all typical of malbec. From patagonia I get stronger color and tannins than mendoza with hints of eucalyptus but overall strong fruit like plum and quince jammy memories. I´d say 90 points wine, even more if it were less oaky for my palate. I love patagonia terroir.

Clos de los Siete, Malbec 2007, Uco Valley, USD 20
Very fruit driven malbec, concentrated and attrative with hints of toast and tabacco. Typical Uco´s malbec with a particular style showed mostly on a higher acidity. Strong wine at the bottom line.This bottle showed some oxidation even the cork was fine. I´d say 89 points. Great value though.

No comments:

Post a Comment