Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Atemporal blend 2007, Saurus Pinot Noir patagonia select 06, Marcus Gran Reserva Pinot Noir 07

(thank you 7decopas)

Atemporal 2007, Alta Vista, USD 16.
A red blend of Mabec, Cab Sau, Syrah, Petit Verdot from Mendoza. Beautiful bordeaux like red more spicy and crispy than the French. Round and balanced through out the palate. Little smoky and tabacco. I´d say 89 points for a soft tannin red.

Saurus Patagonia Select, Pinot Noir 2006, USD 16
From Neuquén, Patagonia
Balanced and attractive. Not very deep as one might expect for a PN. Nice cherry and raspberry. Some smoky deep and a wide middle palate as again I´d expect form a Pinot Noir. I´d rather go 85 points, I feel it weak and soft.

Marcus Gran Reserva, Pinot Noir 2007, USD 20
From Rio Negro, Patagonia
Surprisingly more aged with compote notes and some oxidation that gives a minus point. Otherwise red fuits like cooked without sugar. No defect but not very attractive for my palate. I´d say 83 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment