Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Friday, March 4, 2011

Nieto Senetiner Malbec DOC 2009, good value even not typical





Nieto Senetiner ,Malbec DOC 2009, By Nieto Senetiner, USD 15

Nice Malbec from Lujan de Cuyo Departament, Mendoza. (DOC: Denominación de Origen Controlada) Good and fresh red cherries and raspberries with a dash of red ripe plum. Much ,I mean much, red & green bell pepper and a herbaceous note quite unusual for a malbec. More like a typical Cabernet. I don´t feel its a typical Malbec of LCd even the D.O.C label (certified source and vinification).I think it´s a 84 point red with a good value component. I don´t feel its a typical Lujan de Cuyo or even a mendoza ´s ripe and gentle malbec. Nice to enjoy before 4 years I guess.
 

1 comment:

  1. My initial score was 87 points mostly taken into account the taste of our winemaker the day was opened. I finally came to think of it and scored back down to 84 points, because as the note goes I don´t feel its a balanced malbec nor a typical Lujan de Cuyo. I don´t expect such a strong peppery note in a ripe Malbec

    ReplyDelete