Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Sunday, March 6, 2011

La Celia, Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, not even close to far back vintages





La Celia, Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2007, By Finca La Celia, Uco Valley, Mendoza,
USD 15




Barely basic Cabernet Sauvignon with some typical blackberries and candied boysenberries (if that´s posible!) from high Uco Valley. No herbal or peppery notes that I´d expect.Very soft chocolate and toast from almost no new oak at all. Some sour and hot tannin (like a spicy or akward sourness) that I don´t like much. It doesn´t seem a fault but I feel it personally ugly. Bottom line a basic CabSau with barely any virtuosity. A 78 points red far too overpriced. I´d drink it if given to me but I wound´t buy it twice. I´ve tried the reserve series La Celia before (like 2004 as I remember right off the top of my mind) and they were quite good; What happended? Different vineyards? A winery should change the label when the vineyard (an the grapes) shifted. That´s honest and fair trade too.
to learn more about the winery go to Wines of Argentina: www.winesofargentina.org

No comments:

Post a Comment