Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Doña Paula Estate, Malbec 2009, somehow a typical Mendoza´s malbec blend but I wound´t buy it twice





Doña Paula Estate, Malbec 2009, By Bodega Doña Paula, USD 14
The winery s located in Ugarteche District of Lujan de Cuyo Departament, central Mendoza. The vineyards are in Ugarteche and also higher in Uco Valley.
This malbec is juicy and sweet with ripe black fruit like cassis and blackberries. Some plum jam adds up even more sweetness. Nice chocolate and toast rounding the backbone. A good middle palate tone with adecauate finish even not long. I wound´t go more than 86 points with richness like now for less than 4 years cellar. Even though we talk about a typical and nice malbec I feel it a bit expensive for the standard. Well expressed but not attractive to my palate. I find hard to buy it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment