Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Friday, March 4, 2011

Cabo de Hornos, Malbec (Gran Reserva) 2009, bombastic names for a regular Mendoza´s Malbec





Cabo de Hornos, Malbec Gran Reserva 2009, By Bodega San Huberto, USD 14



Here we´ve got a regular malbec from Mendoza well overpriced and overnamed with neon. Fruity light with sound balance although some herbaceous edge that I don´t see quite well in a ripe Malbec. No fine oak whatsoever. But I enjoyed the red anyway. Not to remember even the basics are there. A 84 point malbec overpriced to appreciate best before 4 years old.


To learn more about the winery go to www.winesofargentina.org

2 comments:

  1. me a parecido haber escuchado a mis amigos de este vino cabo de hornos. y si no me equivoco me han comentado de que es muy intenso y rico en la mesa este vino.

    RIMASA - Hornos

    ReplyDelete