Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Carmelo Patti, malbec 2007, I coudn´t believe my eyes !


Carmelo Patti, Malbec 2007, By El Lagar, USD 20

Another vintage of this malbec from Mayor Drummond district in Lujan de Cuyo Dpt, Central Mendoza.
This time an unattractive malbec (tasted twice) that I cound´t believe my senses. Strange acidity even not undrinkable but rendering the wine unbalanced. One bottle with a residual  TCA/TBA which almost disappeared after a wash with a plastic bag. Some low typical red fruits with far memories of plum. I even catch a hint of nail polish that reminds me some unwanted Bret. The wine although drinkable doesn´t reach 78-80 points. I decided to put them out because both bottles had similar readings and after contacting the winery no answers got. I know this winery from several years now (at least 8 years) and I found a wide variablity in wine quality that I´m not willing to take at 20 bucks price level.

If you read my note this month on the 2006 vintage (again tasted twice) you may think a felt insane.
carmelo-patti-malbec-2006

No comments:

Post a Comment