Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gestos, Cabernet & Cabernet blend from mendoza showing a great Cab punch





Gestos Cabernet & Cabernet 2008, By Bodega Flichman, USD 10


Good effort with a blend of Cab Sau from Tupungato (Uco Valley, 1,100 mts or 3,600 ´) and Barrancas (Maipu Dpt, 700 mts or 2,300´).
This red has a round Cab syllabus to enjoy carefully. Sweet bell pepper both red roasted and green fresh and cooked. A nutty edge and a toach
of mints adds up complexity. Soft chocolate and toast too. Nice alcohol and acidity complete a good middle and end of palate, I´d say a 88 points Cabernet blend to enjoy 4 to 6 years quite well. A very good value. I must recognise that every Argentina´s blend of `same variety different terroir´I tasted didn´t reach much farther in quality anyone alone. I prefer `same terroir´ wines as direct vineyard expression. It might happen that a good bottle of those blends distroyes my contention.

No comments:

Post a Comment