Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Punta Corral 2011, A Malbec and Syrah blend from high Jujuy to stress out the tarrior



Punta Corral 2011, By Bodega Fernando Dupont, USD 15
www.bodegafernandodupont.com

A Melbec and Syrah blend with a little bit of Cabernet Sauvignon from Maimara Valley, Quebrada de Humahuaca, Jujuy Province.
A naturally concentrated red with tipicity of the high valleys of Jujuy (2,500 mts/8,200 ft).
Aromatic with expressive black plums, ripe and sour. Very nice tannins on the palate with clear reminiscence of cumin and a meaty add to it (that could actually be my own remembrance of Salta´s 'empanadas' full, I mean full of cummin).
Fairly friendly and round even not oaky at all. I don´t feel it like cellaring more than 4 years. I know very few Northwest wines nicely aged after 4-5 years old.
I´d say an 89 point red and a very good value at a premium shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment