Alto Valle de Rio Negro

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Miras, Pinot Noir 2009, the finest and deepest ever from Rio Negro Valley ,Patagonia


Miras ,Pinot Noir 2009, Signature Wine by Marcelo Miras USD 30
A single vineyard Pinot Noir from Rio Negro Valley, North Patagonia (Rio Negro Province), only 900 bottles from selected vines.
Probably the best compose ever I seen for a Pinot Noir from Argentina. There is no overt oak neither fruity explosion.
Deep, round, well aged and matured tannins make the backbone of this wonderful Pinot. It won´t fit if you look for a bombastic and explosive red. If you like to discover and enjoy the slow, smooth and deep structure of a Pinot, you will find it here. A 94 point red for me, probably better in 4-6 years old.
A great value (and to my taste above the others I tasted up to this post) that I´d pay whenever I needed a high quality Pinot.

No comments:

Post a Comment